Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Garden Time!

Last year Little Man and I started a small garden. It didn't do very well. We did have an abundance of bell peppers and jalapeños. I froze the majority of those. We got a few carrots and tomatoes and some salad greens. This year I'm thinking we might try tomatoes, bell peppers and carrots again. I would like to try corn because Little Man LOVES corn on the cob. I'm hoping to use the bell peppers and jalapeños to make hot pepper jam and chow chow. I've never canned on my own before so this will be a new experience.  My MIL and I canned homemade grape jelly one year with grapes we stopped and bought from a roadside market on the way home on one of the trips we took together. Personally, I wasn't impressed with gardening in containers so anything I plant this year will be in the ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment