Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2016

My Lucky Day ;)

Last week I when i reached into the cabinet and grabbed a pot to fix meal I decided I need to invest in a new set of cookware. My non-stick skillets are not so non-stick anymore. My pots and pans are dented and dinged. When DH and I married, I brought with me the set I bought when I moved into my own home 20 years ago. We did receive a new set when we married 14 years ago. Both sets have seen better days and need to be retired. I pulled out the sets to inspect and behind them i found the cast iron skillets DH brought home a few years after we married. I remember putting them aside thinking it was too much hassle to maintain them.

Well, now I've reconsidered after doing some research online. With 2 cast iron skillets, a dutch oven, grill pan and a griddle I'm seeing the error of my thinking when I set these at the back of the cabinet. The sky's the limit with these. I've discovered my new set of pots and pans.

Today i baked a apple pie in one. Simple. Lined it with the pie crust then added the apples. I placed it in the oven and let it preheat with the  oven. The pie came out perfect. Now I'm wondering if I can bake a turkey or ham in a dutch oven- maybe I'll research and find out if there's a cast iron oval roaster. I'm going to google it right now... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment