Search This Blog

Friday, March 6, 2015

Quilting Projects

I started these Sunbonnet Sue blocks after my first granddaughter was born.  I've been setting them in a quilt top to give her a quilt when she gets older.  It's not perfect by any means but I have invested a lot of love into them with her in mind.  I will post more pics of this as it develops into the finished quilt. In one of the pics you can see Little Man with his ruler lol.


My mom's favorite color is yellow.  I started these blocks for her when i first began quilting.  I'm hoping to add more to them and make her a quilt before the end of the year.  They are a little hard to see due to the light streaming through the blinds.

I've also been working on this multi-green and cream combo quilt top.  Again, the lighting is not complementing the photo but still offers a sneek peek :)

I love to hand quilt.  I do not like cutting the pieces.  So it takes me longer with pieced blocks.  I love to applique.  I have some more Sunbonnet Sue blocks started with different colored gingham materials that i have hand appliqued pears, strawberries, blueberries, etc. on.  I'm hoping to finish those sets and start another dolly quilt for my other granddaughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment